Don't take me to the fire
It takes my breath away
As I watch my life pass me
Like grains of sand falling
I wish to slip away
Unnoticed and not outspoken
And to fall asleep in tears
Alone and heartbroken
Uneasy and shattered past
My heart rubbery bends and twists
The soul always reaching
But the truths are beyond my reach
So you'll never hear from me
A word as final as goodbye
For I continue to dream of what almost was
Or could have been
I'll keep you here
As I always have
Close to my heart so you'll hear
As it mends and breaks and mends again
And the light goes black
Traveling past the time I knew
I would never hold you
Back to the beginning of time
Where I'll be waiting for you
I'll never give up
I'll be waiting for you
Just waiting
written 4-9-06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment