
I had a dream that I was floating in the sea.
No, it was the desert.
There were sleeping giants, or were they dead?
Covered in rocks and small shrubs.
Perhaps they came here to die.
Perhaps they came to watch over me.
I was a part of something larger.
I could not see.
It surrounded me, encompassed me, it embraced me.
And in some ways it ate me up and spat me out.
But mostly it filled me. It filled me with love and a deep need to better understand things around me.
Politics. Mechanics. Science. Love.
I floated down to the dusty surface and met a woman who handed me a flower.
A man who embraced me.
A child, who gave me a drink, took my hand and led me through the night.
I found things I thought had died. I lost things I thought would always haunt me.
And I smiled. I tried to give back but felt I had nothing to equal that which I’d already received.
But I smiled…and they told me,
Brother, love is a gift.
written Sept 2004
No, it was the desert.
There were sleeping giants, or were they dead?
Covered in rocks and small shrubs.
Perhaps they came here to die.
Perhaps they came to watch over me.
I was a part of something larger.
I could not see.
It surrounded me, encompassed me, it embraced me.
And in some ways it ate me up and spat me out.
But mostly it filled me. It filled me with love and a deep need to better understand things around me.
Politics. Mechanics. Science. Love.
I floated down to the dusty surface and met a woman who handed me a flower.
A man who embraced me.
A child, who gave me a drink, took my hand and led me through the night.
I found things I thought had died. I lost things I thought would always haunt me.
And I smiled. I tried to give back but felt I had nothing to equal that which I’d already received.
But I smiled…and they told me,
Brother, love is a gift.
written Sept 2004
No comments:
Post a Comment