Sunday, December 13, 2009

Growing Home

There are times
Her arms surrounded me
And I'd know I want to go home
I said I never will

I told her
All my secrets
But she's heard it all before
She knows me so well

And I hear it calling me
I place myself in the center
But it's telling me
Grow up and be a man

I'd look into her eyes
And I'd fall in
Treading just to stay afloat
But she always pulls me in

So I gave her
All my wisdom
But she could take it no more
She knows me so well

I've waited so long
Now that I've given in
So she's left me
For the other side

And I realize I've always been home
A feeling that is so free
That I am the man that I am
Because she let me be

written 4-9-06

No comments:

Post a Comment