Sunday, April 11, 2021

So The World

 

The skies are so grey all over the world.

Clouds consume it in whole, not just above me unfurled.

No sun, no stars, no moon, nothing in tune.

Only clouds above the entirety of Earth are strewn.

I can barely remember the day that the skies above me were clear.

All I can see high into the sky is a consuming blanket of fear.

The time was so long ago when everywhere, everything we know seemed to be right.

No darkness of night, no shadows, no clouds, nothing but light.

I’m thinking, surely soon the rain will begin.

I have no place to go when the rain turns to snow and the cold makes my skin feel so thin.

It matters not if it’s snow falling from the sky or if it’s rain.

No matter what falls from the heavens above nothing is felt but a loathing bane.

I may climb a mountain to get close to the clouds and find out what lies within.

But the lack of the sun means soon night is begun; and the darkness of night will begin.

At least the blackness of night with its absence of light, makes the grey skies seem contrite.

Until that time, the sky will stay grey most every day... now that the clouds have moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment