Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Obtuse Christmas


I’ve been feeling sorry for the Jewish
Unable to eat burgers with cheese
It often leaves me feeling blueish
That with ham they feel ill-at-ease

Every winter we hang Christmas stockings
And busily trim the tree
While they go to temple rocking
And spin dreidels most forcibly

I wish they believed in Santa Claus
And opened gifts on Christmas morn
But they are bound by funny laws
To break them would cause them such scorn

I don’t understand how others
Don’t believe just like me
Why, even our holiday colors
Simply don’t agree

I think that it’s them that should change
Them and certainly not I
It would certainly be less strange
If their ways they could modify

That’s how I feel, don’t you know
My mind is certainly made
As such I will never grow
My bigotry now well displayed

Don’t follow this path of poor thinking
You don’t want to be seen as dumb
Don’t let your mind start to shrinking
Or to ignorance you will succumb

No comments:

Post a Comment