Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sky for One


Wasting away under a sky for one
There are no clouds and there is no sun
I long to see the night
For the stars to again take flight
For the pain I'm in to come undone
As I endure under a sky for one

Set up for hurt your encouraging word
The meaning of which to me is blurred
I feel it's cruel- what you mean to be kind
To free my spirit yet-confined
With no idea how on your words I'm hung
As I languish under a sky for one

So many others for which the sky I share
But to their joys I do not care
This pain I suffer and must endure
Has no end in sight nor simple cure
There are no others which I'm among
Living alone under a sky for one

Taken in NM Oct. 2014

4 SS
9-5-15

2 comments:

  1. Very, very beautiful and poignant Penguin. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Very beautiful. Gives such a sense of loneliness and longing, yet is tranquil at the same time. I really liked this.

    ReplyDelete