Sunday, November 13, 2022

Close to the Sun

 

Photo of Atlantic storm clouds by PenguinScott


I was feeling golden

When I emerged

As the wings of the storm were folding 


The air was so dry

The ground saturated 

Flood waters rushing

I was over you


I looked for the sun

Smiling from over the ocean

From up there somewhere


There was nothing felt

There was nothing left

Not the air

The sun

The ground beneath my feet

The beating of my heart


Flying too close to the sun

Was no way to live my life

With you


There was no easy way to live my life

With you


Now the storm is over

The sky is turning blue

Everything in nature says

I am over you


It’s no nomenclature

I am not myself today

I am not nature.


Flying too close to the sun

Was no way to live my life

Without you


No comments:

Post a Comment