Sunday, March 6, 2022

Inspired Poetry

 







I have a dear friend in the Bay Area who often posts the pictures that he takes on Facebook. He has a tendency to title them in such poetic fashion that they often inspire me. I've written numerous poems from his posts in the past. Recently, he's posted more inspiration and the fruit is thus:

 

 


Setting crescent moon riding a bank of fog.

3/4/22  7:29PM

 

Setting crescent moon

riding a bank of fog

To watch this waxing body

leaves me yet agog

 

Hanging low

Afloat across the bay

Encouraging a smile

For the night I shall belay



Take me with you please

your journey through the sky

The best that I can do

is watch with wishful eye

 

Seemingly so close

yet really not at all

As far away as love

when making mortals fall

 

Your beauty is quite powerful

leaving me possessed

Fantastical eternal

ornamentally grotesque


Shine me down your beams

alight and full of silver

Filtered through the fog

Essences to pilfer


Rest now and thank you

sweet setting crescent moon

I’ll look for you tomorrow

in the sky at noon

 

 

Friday night,
pissing on poles
and stealing license plates.
(A video)


Not a half-bad job, you sure can parallel park

On a Friday night, pissing in the dark

Was it just a random pass or have you been on scout

Watched you very carefully as your tools you soon took out

Ferry across the street: so desolate and quiet

Back into your car with your license plated diet

Smile for the camera, your fame surely awaits

Friday night out driving and stealing license plates

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lemons in the morning sun.

9:02 am

 

 

Lemons in the morning sun

A bowl-full of yellow

Their taste cannot be outdone

Their fragrance far from mellow

Centerpiece on table run

A flavorful bordello

So now the day has just begun

This lemon-rooted bellow

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Robin stopped in to say hello.


 

 

 

 

Robin stopped to say hello

As he sat up on the fence

Waiting for the wind to blow

Then to flight he did dispense

True he’d flown for quite some mile

Yes he’d flown quite high

Sure was nice to see him smile

And then I waved goodbye

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos by Bruce Wismer

Verse by PenguinScott

No comments:

Post a Comment