Thursday, May 31, 2018

I Fly Up



I love being in that space of the place after you have left
when the words you spoke
the thoughts that awoke and
your scent linger in the air.
They dance there and I fly up to meet them so quick.
You will come back soon.

But oh how I miss you and
oh how I wish you were here.
Don't leave
Don't go
Don't have me dance with your ghost.
All alone

Then she finds my weakest spot,
So cunning and sure
I was taken by surprise,
The boy in me
No longer so wise
I may not want to feel anything, but I felt you so well.
It's a waste to feel nothing
in order to not feel anything at all.
So your ghosts linger in the air
I fly up to meet them there
When I am ready to feel again
I will know it was you

Who ever had what we had.
What things stood in their way.
A heart is given only once.
Use it wisely, they say
Don't kill the sorrow and pain.
Let it be the fuel for more life and
More giving.
There’s always time for more living
So live it with me
Dance in my arms
You will come back soon
You have to

Maybe when I finally catch you and I am all yours,
We can stop the crying.
I don't cry when I have you.
I don’t cry when I fly up to you
The tears are for the ghosts
that linger when you’re gone and
For the joy of having you near
So don’t leave me
Stay and you will catch
Only the sweetest tear

No comments:

Post a Comment