Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Take My Breath Away


I’m on top of the Eiffel Tower
Drinking hot chocolate along the Seine
Dancing through a Parisian shower
In a true champagne dream
It doesn’t take my breath away
Quite the way you do

I’m in the heart of the Big Apple
Broadway lights up the night sky
Skyscrapers cutting like architectural scalpels
Dining on deli corned beef on rye
It doesn’t take my breath away
Quite the way you do

Whether on the beach in Lima, Peru
Climbing on the great China wall
Riding under London on the Tube
Or soaking in the mists of Niagara Falls
Nothing takes my breath away
Quite the way you do

All of the cities and great places
That I have seen
All of the extraordinary faces
Are ordinary routine
For nothing takes my breath away
Quite the way you do

No comments:

Post a Comment