Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Winona



Finding my way back
There’s nothing like seeing her again
I need a dose of Winona
So I’m back on the winding road
To the dreams that have taken me around again
Going back to Los Angeles
To a place I know so well
Remarkably well for so little time there spent

Gotta get back to Winona
To the one I want to make my home
Getting high like the mountainside
Back to those burning desires and games
Going on in my mind
Thinking about Winona
As one does when it’s all you can do
Oh, sweet drug, my Winona

She’s more than a rainbow in the sky
She gives me pause
She will you, too
Gotta get back to Winona
If it’s the last thing that I do
I never tread lightly
Run like lighting to Winona
She is the gleam you see in my eye

Senseless acts of beauty in her grip
And I’ve been kicked to the curb
Sweet Winona
Tears me apart that I can’t be
Back with Winona
Must have been a dream
Oh, sweet, sweet dream
Why, do you toy, my Winona?

No comments:

Post a Comment