Sunday, May 1, 2016

Faith in the Blind


I'll do as I do and not as you say
I'll hate this and will hate that, even as I pray
The flag that I fly inspires great pain
But I don't see that, I only see reign
Conservative ways leave very little room
So minds can stay dark and nicely entombed

We cling to our past and shun what comes next
As long as it's written in clear Bible text
Take what we need and align, as required
To contrive a meaning that we so desire
Using key words and symbols and signs
To keep us together within our own kind

We'll meet and smile and eat and shake hands
And conspire to send others back to their home lands
We don't want inclusion, we don't want to grow
We only love that, which we already know
No facts will dissuade us from what we believe
For faith in the blind is ever more sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment